“Startups and expanding companies shouldn’t approach new international markets with a one-size-fits-all approach and a drive-by mentality. They should carefully craft strategic plans – customized to each market – that integrate cultural considerations, deep partnerships, credible references, solutions-oriented tactics, and, most of all, trusted business relationships. After all, you only get one chance to make a first impression.”
World Economic Forum
November 20, 2017
Keith’s 5 Things to Remember: Global Diplomacy
- Respect the country’s cultural values.
- Develop meaningful partnerships.
- Leverage credibility from your home market.
- Position the product as strategically relevant.
- Remember that while business is global, trust is local.