My wife and I recently hosted a dinner of about 30 Silicon Valley CEO’s and CFO’s to honor the new NASDAQ CEO, Adena Friedman. She became the first female CEO of a major stock exchange group and could quite possibly be the most powerful woman on Wall Street. Here are some photos from this special event!
We started off the evening with a cocktail hour so that our guests could network and talk business.
Cocktail hour could have lasted the entire night with this group but I knew I had to get everyone seated to illustrate the real reason we got together: to congratulate Adena Friedman on her new role as CEO of NASDAQ.
After my brief introduction, Adena took command of the room, demonstrating why she is the right person to lead NASDAQ. She discussed NASDAQ’s role as a leader in cutting edge technology and the IPO market’s comeback heading into 2017.
Cheers to such an extraordinarily talented woman as she takes on her next challenge and I am excited to see NASDAQ’s growth in the coming years. Congratulations and good luck Adena!
And as always, thank you to everyone who came out to celebrate this special occasion with us!
Thanks to everyone who came out to congratulate and celebrate Adena Friedman, including:
- Krish Ramakrishnan, CEO, Founder of Blue Jeans Network
- Rachel Haurwitz, CEO of Caribou Biosciences
- Adam Ludwin, CEO of Chain
- Michelle Zatlyn, Co-founder of CloudFlare
- Bob Wiederhold, President, CEO of Couchbase
- Ramji Srinivasan, CEO of Counsyl Inc.
- Keith Krach, Chairman of DocuSign
- Dan Springer, CEO of DocuSign
- Dennis Woodside, COO of Dropbox
- Mike Ellis, CEO of ForgeRock
- Maggie Wilderotter, Former CEO of Frontier Communications
- Nick Mehta, CEO of Gainsight
- Alex Vieus, Chairman of Herring International
- Martine Anstice, CEO of Lam Research Corporation
- Brian Roberts, CFO of Lyft
- James Beer, CFO of McKesson
- Brust Aust, Vice Chairman of NASDAQ
- Adena Friedman, CEO of NASDAQ
- Carol Larson, CEO of Packard Foundation
- Ryan Popple, CEO of Proterra Inc.
- Rajeev Goel, Co-Founder & CEO of PubMatic
- Mark Ravw, CEO of Sojern
- Godfret Sullivan, Chairman of the Board of Splunk
- Mike Tuchen, CEO of Talend
- Moshe Gavrielov, CEO or Xilinx Inc.
- Ken Goldman, CFO of Yahoo!
- Kelly Steckelberg, CEO of Zoosk